Monday 10 April 2017

Rainbow themed Birthday Cards

Today I am sharing 3 cards I made with a rainbow theme to wish a colorful and bright birthday to the recipients.



Card 1 - Distress Inks blending over Stencil



For this card I used the Birch Tree stencil by Tim Holtz and blended in Distress Inks in rainbow order. I also cut out two birds using my Silhouette Curio and placed them on the trees. The effect created can either be interpreted as a rainbow seen thru the trees or a view of the sun setting thru the trees and the night taking over.

I then adhered the front panel onto a 6x6 card base and added a Happy Birthday sentiment from the SSS Sketch Ranunculus stamp set.

Challenges
  1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
  2. Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Blend
  3. Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
  4. Time Out Challenge # 80


Card 2 - Distress Ink Blending


Similar to the previous card, I blended the rainbow colors using Distress Inks on circles of different sizes I cut out and stuck them on an A2 card base in rainbow order. I then used a sequin stamp from Wplus9's Little Bits stamps to get colorful sequins all over the card.

I again used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the SSS Sketch Ranunculus stamp set to finish off the simple card.

Challenges
  1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
  2. Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Blend
  3. Time Out Challenge # 80
  4. Muse Challenge #211 - inspired by the colors and circles. 


Card 3 - Watercoloring using Zig Clean Color and Stencil



For this card I took a Triangle stencil and then Watercolored the different triangles in rainbow colors using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. Then using an alphabet stencil and a white Uniball Signo pen I wrote the word Birthday on the painted triangles.

I then took a strip of paper and again using the Zigs created a Rainbow strip which I adhered to the base of the card. The word 'happy' I cut out using my Curio. To finish off the card I again used the sequin stamp from Wplus9's Little Bits stamps with my Zigs to get sequins on top of the card.

Challenges
  1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
  2. Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
  3. Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge - Anything Goes with Rainbow twist
  4. Time Out Challenge # 80

Hope you enjoyed today's colorful bunch of cards!



16 comments:

  1. Completely adore this. The black birds against the stunning background just POP. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these vibrant, fun cards! SO glad you joined us at Muse this week, Manisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree card, beautiful work, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  5. All pretty rainbow cards, all so vibrant. Your distress blending is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at amuse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely rainbow cards, the touches of black on them make the colours pop even more.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a superb collection of cards with a really Spring feel, I love the bursts of colour. Thanks for joining HLS and To

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the different takes you took on the rainbow theme - they are all such fun and happy cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are so pretty and colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rich colors in your Muse card ... wonderful interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the bright and bold colors of your Muse Card. So very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank You all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cool designs, great colour blending too. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful rainbow cards... awesome ink blending..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete