Tuesday 17 January 2017

Wedding Gift Cards

Finding an appropriate gift for weddings is quite tedious for me. And even if I do find something nice I always feel the need of adding a personal element to the gift. Now that I am into card making I've found a nice little way for that little personal touch.

So today I am sharing 3 cards that I made keeping weddings in mind.

Card 1




This card was inspired by Altenew's January Inspiration challenge. The colors in the challenge came together to give a very auspicious feel to the card. I used the Dahlia Blossoms stamp set from Altenew to stamp out the flowers and leaves on the outer panel of white cardstock using Distress Inks & the Mini MISTI and used the layering feature available in this set - the outline with Vintage Photo and the layers with Fossilized Amber for the flowers and Peeled Paint for the leaves.



After this I cut out a rectangle from the center of the panel. I heat embossed the same leaves in the center of maroon cardstock. I then adhered the white stamped panel on the maroon cardstock using foam tape. I heat embossed the sentiment - from Magnolias for her stamp set by Altenew - on to a black strip and stuck that in the middle of the card. The whole set was then mounted on a white cardbase.

To add finishing touches I added some gold pearls using Ranger's Liquid Pearls and also added some gold to the flowers and leaves.



Challenges




Card 2




I wanted to create a very dainty wedding card - something with soft tones. I first created the stenciled background using Distress inks - Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers. Sprayed some water on the background to soften the look.


I then stamped a couple of Magnolias from the Magnolias for her stamp set by Altenew using Picked Raspberry and lightly watercolored it with the same ink. I fussy cut the flowers and mounted the background and the flowers on a card base. I stamped the sentiment - from Mudra Stamps - in Picked Raspberry at the base of the card. I then rounded off the edges of the card.

To add a little sparkle I finished off the card with some sequins.



Challenges




  • Fusion Card Challenge - Congratulations for the 3rd Anniversary :) Card is inspired by only the sketch.



Card 3



I made the final card for the Mudra January Challenge - Heat Embossing. I first created a background by blending distress inks - Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Broken China. I sprayed water on it to create a distressed look and to get some watermarks.

For the heat embossing I used the leaf stamps from the Leafy Stamp set by Mudra. I stamped the leaves at the right bottom corner and heat embossed using Rangers White Embossing powder. I loved how the white leaves were looking against the distressed background. The sentiment is also from Mudra stamps. 

For the finishing touches I splattered some white paint all around the background and adhered some sequins for the sparkle. I also loved how the black strip of sentiment was standing out against the background so as an afterthought I added a thin strip of black cardstock on the right of the card. That finished the card for me. 

Challenges

24 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and colors used enhances the beauty of the cards.. yes having such cards along with the gift will surely give that personal touch!! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sure to stand out in the pile of gifts we receive.
    Very thoughtful Manisha !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your soft, pretty colours for your stenciling! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion for our 3rd anniversary challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful take on the challenge, the tones are so feminine here and in complete contrast to the other card. Great idea and thanks again for playing with us at HLS CAS Challenge. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the rainbow color on the Congratulations card! Total eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm I love the colors you've used for stenciling! Those ink colors are like candy! Fun stencil too and very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made wonderful cards, I love all of them! The one you made for Mudra is also fab! Thanks for playing with us over at Mudra Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent background and so elegant emboss.leafy!Thanks for playing with us over at Mudra Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful set of cards. The third is really beautiful.
    Thanks for playing along. Good luck.
    Ria Banerjee
    Mudra CT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects!!! Thanks so much for joining the Altenew Inspiration Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards. Love the bright background, the white embossing looks amazing on it. Thanks so much for joining the Mudra Craft Stamps Challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards! Thank you so much for joining the fun at Mudra's blog. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete