Friday 10 February 2017

Floral Cards - Altenew Challenge

Today I am sharing a couple of cards that I made inspired by the Altenew February Challenge


Both my cards are inspired by the lovely bougainvillea flowers. For the first card I have tried to recreate the scene in the picture and for the second just used the flowers and their beautiful pink color.

Card 1



As I wanted to recreate the scene, I went thru my stash of Altenew stamps to find the stamp closest to the flowers. I chose the bud from the Peony Bouquet stamp set. To get a more solid look I took the solid stamp from the layering options and stamped the flowers randomly with Picked Raspberry &Worn Lipstick Distress Inks and also stamped small leaves from the same set in between the flowers to give the effect of leaves peeping thru the flowers. I also stamped few big leaves with Lucky Clover & Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. I added some shine using the Wink of Stella Glitter brush and fussy cut all of it and my foreground was ready.

For the background I wanted to create a cream wall. So I used Ranger's Texture Paste along with Tim Holtz's Tiles Layering stencil to give the textured look of a wall as can be seen in the picture. I blended some Antique Linen Distress Ink once the paste had dried. I adhered the fussy cut elements on top of this wall background. For the black gate in the picture I went with a black strip for the sentiment and gold heat embossed the sentiment.



To finish the card off, I tied silver thread around several times and mounted the whole set on a card base.



Card 2



For this card I stuck to the bud from the Peony Bouquet set but this time used the outline. I cut out a small piece of white watercolor paper and white heat embossed the buds along the corners. Painted them with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and a waterbrush for a watercolored effect. I stamped the sentiment also in the same color in the center of this piece.

I liked how Cracked Pistachio Distress ink was going with the flowers so I colored a small piece of cardstock with Pistachio Marker along the borders and mounted my flower panel at an angle on the now Pista cardstock.

For the background I stamped leaves from the Dahlia Blossoms stamp set again in Cracked Pistachio and watercolored it using the Marker of the same color. I added a few berries in between the leaves as well. I mounted the flower piece on this background again at an angle.

I wanted more of the pink so on the front panel of my card base I blended in some Picked Raspberry along the borders and mounted the background with the flower centerpiece at an angle. To finish of the card I added some Silver Pearls using Liquid Pearls around the sentiment and the four edges of the Pista Panel.


I really enjoyed making these cards as they are a little different from what I have been making earlier. Encourages me to try different media and layers to add lovely dimensions and create beautiful effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment