Friday 2 December 2016

A Christmas Card

Since my little one is still sleeping, I thought I would sneak in another post for today. :D

Though Card Making is what I am into now, I have never finished making a complete card! I just keep either creating backgrounds or other elements never really tying them in together.

I finally made a full card yesterday inspired by the thought of taking part in a few Card Challenges! So I decided to make a Christmas Card. .
This is the card I made yesterday - again when my daughter was napping. :) I decided to go in for the Christmas Colors Red and Green for the Card and included Gold (based on Lulupu Challenge)



Supplies
  • Watercolor paper from Brustro
  • Distress Inks and Markers
  • Ranger's Mini Blending tool
  • Sakure Koi Waterbrush
  • Christmas Stamp set from Mudra Craft Stamps
  • Textured Cardstock
  • Versamark Watermark ink pad
  • Ranger's Gold Embossing Powder
  • Ranger's Heat Tool
  • Ranger's Liquid Pearls - Gold
  • Deco Art Gold Marker
  • Sakura Micron Pen - Red
  • Foam Tape and squares
  • Masking Tape 
  • Sequins
 For the Background, I used masking tape to tape offr areas where I did not want color. I then used the blending tool to blend in some Festive Berried Distress ink in the Center. I then went over it with the waterbrush to create a watercolored look. I then used the Mowed Lawn Distress Marker (only because I didnt have an ink pad of Mowed Lawn) and created the green stripes and used the watercolor brush to spread the color.

Once the background was ready, I stamped some snowflakes from Mudra Stamps with Versamark Watermark Ink pad and heat embossed them with some Ranger's Gold embossing powder. I did the same with the sentiment on a black cardstock that was cut into a banner shape.

Next I moved on to the Christmas Tree. I drew a tree by hand on some green textured Cardstock and cut it out with my scissors. I then embellished the tree with some Gold Marker and Liquid Pearls - Gold.



I then adhered the tree on the background with some adhesive foam sqaures and placed the sentiment at the base of the card. I then mounted the background on to some red textured cardstock (to match the tree) using foam tape. The whole thing was then mounted on a white card base. I added a few sequins to the card and then it was done!


Please do let me know what you think about this in the comments!! 


I am entering this card in the following challenges (My first time! :) )


11 comments:

  1. Very nice card.. good luck for the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the way you have made use of the 3 colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is adorable Manisha...love how you created that stripey background...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Kath! :) A pleasure to take part in Simon Says Stamp challenge!! :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful Christmas card and love the background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sandra! Really happy to be a part of the challenge! :) :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful masking and stamping!! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paru! Enjoyed taking part in the challenge! :)

      Delete