Thursday 15 December 2016

CAS Wedding Card

I love the White and Gold combination and I think they are an ideal choice for a wedding. So I decided to use these colors to make Wedding Gift card.


Other than white and gold I also used some blended colors of Blue, Green and Yellow - to create some subtle shades - so that they don't take much away from the White and Gold look.

To start off, I drew a rough circle in the center of the front panel of the card base. I took one of the leaf sets from Mudra Stamps' Leafy stamp set and applied three shades (Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint and Broken China) of distress inks randomly on the stamp and then stamped it inside the circle. This created some very beautiful blended colors and each leaf pattern was of a unique shade. After the circle was covered, I cut out a circle in the center of another piece of card stock and placed it on top of the card base.

Once this was done I went ahead and added touches of Gold to the card. I drew a golden circle around the cut out circle with Deco Art Gold marker. Then with a single leaf stamp from Altenew's Peony Bouquet stamp set I heat embossed in gold the leaves randomly around the circle.


I used a pale yellow card stock for the sentiment. Sentiment is from Mudra Stamps again. I heat embossed the sentiment in Gold and stuck it across the center of the circle. I stamped the leaf set on the ends of the sentiment strip as well to finish the card.


I intend to use this card for the next wedding I go to! :)

Supplies

  • Mudra Stamps - Leafy
  • Mudra Stamps - Sentiment Essentials
  • Distress Inks
  • Deco Art Gold Marker
  • Versamark Watermark ink pad
  • Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
  • Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set
  • White and Pale Yellow card stock


I am entering this card in the Mudra Sketch for Challenge #4. The idea of the layout of the card was inspired from this sketch.


3 comments: