Monday 12 December 2016

Snowy Christmas Card


Here I am with another Christmas Card. This time I wanted to make a CAS (Clean and Simple) card with a night sky background along with some speckles of snow.


Stamping

Before getting to the background I decided to finish the stamping and heat embossing elements. So I started by roughly drawing a circle in the center. I used the snowflakes and baubles from Mudra Stamp's Christmas Decor set and arranged them along the circle. I heat embossed the snowflakes with White embossing powder and the baubles with Silver to give them a shiny ornament look.
For the sentiment, I thought I would try something on my own for a personal touch and used the Emboss IT pens from Ranger and wrote my sentiment Merry Christmas in the center of the circle. I embossed this also with some Silver embossing powder.



With this my stamping part was done and I was ready to move on to the background.

Background

For the background I wanted an inky night sky so I took a few shades of blue in my Distress ink stock  and Black Soot and blended the colors from light to dark to create the look. After I got the desired look I splattered some white acrylic paint spots to give a snowy night look. Also drew a few stars with the White Sakura Gelly Roll pen.



I wanted a reindeer jumping over my sentiment and I chose to stamp it with Festive Berries Distress ink as I liked the Red-Blue contrast that I could get. The reindeer is also from the same Mudra Stamp set. I fussy cut the reindeer and mounted it above the sentiment with some foam squares. I wanted to create an effect where the reindeer had pounced over the Merry Christmas sentiment which caused the sentiment to slant.



Supplies

  • Mudra Stamps - Christmas Decors
  • Ranger White and Silver Embossing Powder
  • Ranger Heat - It tool
  • Ranger Emboss IT pens
  • Distress Inks and Mini blending tool
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White pen
  • White Cardstock from Papericious


.Challenges - I am entering this card in the following challenges!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Manu. Good luck for all the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the background and the dimension you added with the reindeer and the colour combo really makes the reindeer pop. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one festive Christmas Card. The deer is amazing and so is your background! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design. Love your handwritten sentiment!! Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty night sky for your reindeer. I am impressed with your handwritten sentiment. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful emboss resist design, Manisha! I love that sponged, snowy sky and the red reindeer! Lots of sparkle and shine that makes this very festive! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card you made! I like your embossed details.
    Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges this month! Have a wonderful christmas time!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely card, I love the icy feel to it. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy Christmas. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete