Saturday 24 December 2016

Spring Flowers Cards

I came across this post by Yana Smakula for Simon Says Stamp Blog where she used a single stamp set to create 4 different cards. This inspired me to try something similar. And for this I chose the Botanicals 3 Stamp set from Paper Smooches and created 3 CAS cards.


For all the 3 cards I used the same stamps and the same distress colors as well. The colors I used - Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Ripe Persimmon and Peeled Paint and Broken China for one of the cards.

Card 1 - All Over Background with some Sparkle



For this card, I stamped the flowers and the leaves from the Botanicals 3 set all over the front panel randomly in the colors mentioned above using Distress Inks. I left some space in the center for sentiment that I was going to place on top. I also sprinkled very little water on top of the flowers for some effect.




I decided to 'Make it Sparkle' inspired by the SSS Wednesday Challenge :) So for the sentiment I cut out a circle and went with a Handwritten 'hello' sentiment which I then heat embossed in Gold. Also heat embossed the edges of the circle with Gold. After that I adhered some gold sequins to add some more sparkle to finish off the card.


I am entering this card in the following challenges




Card 2 - Circular Patterns




For this card I used only the smaller flowers from the set and stamped them in random circles. I introduced a bit of Blue in this card as well. For the sentiment I made a small Banner and painted it with Broken China Distress Ink and stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches Birthday Bash stamp set. I also added a few dots with a gold marker on the banner and the card - again for a bit of sparkle.

Entering this card for the following challenges



Card 3 - Corner Patterns



For this card I stamped the flowers and leaves only in the 4 corners. For the sentiment, I cut a rectangular piece and I stamped small dots in the colors of the flowers all over and then stamped the Best Wishes sentiment from Mudra Stamps. I also drew a black border around the rectangular piece and then adhered it in the center of the front panel.

                                              

Entering this card in the following challenges



Supplies for all 3 Card
  • Canson Watercolor paper
  • Distress Inks
  • Botanicals 3 - Paper Smooches
  • Birthday Bash - Paper Smooches
  • Best Wishes - Mudra Stamps
  • Foam Tape
  • Sakura Micron Pen
  • Deco Art Gold Marker
  • Gold Sequins

21 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Leigh! Merry Christmas to u too!! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards, Manisha! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards, I love all 3 of them. Great use of that stamp set and gorgeous colors!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad.
    Judy - Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the different cards made with the stamp set, fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful colors, Manisha! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with this CAS(E) this Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous floral background! I love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of cards! I love the different floral backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at hello ;)
    Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete