Saturday 10 December 2016

Blooming Peonies Card

Today I am sharing another card I made for the Altenew Challenge using the Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set.


Similar to the previous card I made (Eternal Love), I stamped a few flowers and leaves from the Peony Bouquet set in an arrangement I liked onto some watercolor paper. I used the Versamark Watermark Stamp pad and then heat embossed it with Ranger Gold embossing powder. I used the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens to color the stamped images. I also used a waterbrush to blend the colors to give that watercolored look. I did a light blue wash for the background again using the Zig,


I took the sentiment from the Altenew Blooming Dahlias stamp set and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder as well. At this point I was wondering what next. Then I saw the small berries like set in the Peony stamp set and decided to stamp it on the upper area which was empty multiple times - again in gold and colored it in with some Pink and Green Zig.

I trimmed the panel a bit and adhered it onto an ivory card base. To have a bit more of the green I drew a stitched pattern around the watercolor panel with the Green Zig.


I liked how it had turned out and I left it at that. The card was done :)



Supplies

  • Altenew Peony Bouquet and Blooming Dahlias stamp set
  • Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens
  • Brustro Watercolor paper
  • Mini MISTI tool
  • Versamark Watermark pad
  • Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
  • Ivory Cardstock



This card is based on the March 2016 challenge. Inspired by the colors.


2 comments: