Friday 2 December 2016

Craft Supplies in India

When I started trying my hands at different crafts, the one main deterrent was the lack of supplies. There were so many things I wanted to try out but did not have the materials for them. I used to manage to get hold of some from relatives and friends visiting from the US but it still did not meet my requirements. 5 years back, at a point when I was about to give up on crafts, I saw an ad of a craft shop opening its branch near my house in Banaglore. It was ItsyBitsy. I could not wait to go visit the shop for all the promise it showed in the ad. And it did not disappoint. For a materials-starved crafter like me it was heaven. ItsyBitsy soon became my regular craft shop and I had fun crafting away.

As I generally do not stick to one craft for long, soon I realised I was not getting what I wanted in ItsyBitsy. So once again crafts took a back seat in my life. Now and then I used to make something with whatever I had.

One of the things I missed most in craft stores was Stencils. I love using stencils for my painting - easiest way to create some beautiful art. About a year back when I was searching for stencils to buy in India, my search results for the first time in many years gave me a few online craft shops in India. I was over the moon - felt like I had struck gold. I was stunned by the products these shops had. I had no idea these were available in India. These shops import the products from across the world and materials that you could not get your hands on were just an order away. Some of them even have the Pre-Order option to get specific products of certain brands.

So from then on there's been no stopping my Crafting Journey! :)

Back to the main aim of this post! To increase awareness of the various shops/websites where you can get your craft supplies. There's stuff out there for every type of crafter! :)

Listing down the websites from where I shop (in no particular order)

  1. Itsybitsy - they have physical stores in some cities - online shop has more items. Have their own brand products as well. Excellent for school projects
  2. The Craft Shop - have a good collection for different crafts. Prompt service and delivery. Have the PreOrder option. Have seen them introducing their own products too.
  3. Crafter's Corner - a lot of brands and a lot of products. Prompt service and delivery. 
  4. CraftAdda - Love their PreOrder option and a good collection.
  5. Diecutsandmore - have their own brand as well. Good for Die Cuts and Stamps
  6. Lulupu - Good Collection - have checked out mainly their stamps only.
  7. Amazon - now with the Global Store we can order the products sold in Amazon.com!
Whats good about these is that all of them put together you get an amazing collection. One of the sites will definitely have what you are looking for! :)

A few other craft websites that I have not tried yet are Krafters Cart and Himalaya Fine Arts

These are my go-to stores for craft supplies. Am sure there are many more  stores and other different mediums to order craft materials. Would be great if you drop in a comment on any other stores/websites that you are aware of or use for craft supplies.

Will keep updating this post based on my own experience and also with updates from you guys!! 

3 comments:

  1. Manisha, I have just started following your blog and I feel enthusiastic to try out some of the crafts..Thanks for providing the shop names as I had no clue from where to buy craft items.. it's pretty simple to get craft items in US, here in India had not much of a clue..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manisha, I have just started following your blog and I feel enthusiastic to try out some of the crafts..Thanks for providing the shop names as I had no clue from where to buy craft items.. it's pretty simple to get craft items in US, here in India had not much of a clue..

    ReplyDelete