Monday 5 December 2016

Card - Eternal Love

I'm here to share a card I made over the weekend. I did not start off with any theme in my mind but it ended up as one trying to portray eternal love as I went along.



The effect I have tried to create is that of some lovely magnolias floating in a magical pool with lots of shimmery lights rising from the pool - celebrating the magical nature of long lasting love.

To create this card I started off by stamping three flowers from the 'Magnolias for Her' Stamp set from Altenew - one of my favorites from their collection. I stamped it on a Watercolor paper from Brustro and used a Mini MISTI stamping tool to get more accuracy. I added some color to these flowers using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. It was a lot of fun to see the way the colors blended to bring out some very pretty shading work. For the background to create the feel of flowers floating in the pool I used the Blue Zig Brush Pen around the flowers and also brought in some Light Green to try and create some leaves in the background (not being the focus).

For the sentiment, I combined a few stamps from different brands - One from Mudra and another from Inkadinkado. I inked them with Black Soot Archival ink from the Distress Mixed Media Ink Palette.

I was going to leave it at this when I thought I could try to create a Bokeh effect with some sequins to look as though the pool was emitting some lights. So I placed some sequins around the card. Though I could not capture the effect in the picture well, it does give that look when the sequins catch the light to give out the shimmery lights effect in actual.

After that I mounted the panel onto a pale yellow card stock and that onto an ivory card base.



In the pic above I have tried to take the picture at an angle where some of the sequins are shining when they catch the light.

Supplies

  • Alternew Magnolias for her stamp set
  • Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens - set of 12
  • Brustro Watercolor paper
  • Mini MISTI stamping tool
  • Distress Mixed Media Ink Palette
  • Pale Yellow and Ivory card stock

I'm entering this card for the Altenew -  A Year in Review Inspiration Challenge - 


This is a challenge where we can select from any of the past inspiration challenges this year. The challenges and the lovely cards that were on display all through the year have been a wonderful inspiration to get into card making! 

The card I made is based on the JULY 2016 challenge.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card Manisha...Love it totally..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those magnolias are so beautiful Manisha, and shining sequins always make me happy, love your beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete